3. 减少到人员密集的公共场所活动，尤其是空气流动性差的地方，例如室内公共游泳池、温泉、影院、网吧、KTV、 商场、车站、机场、码头、展览馆等。
1. 建议外出佩戴口罩。外出前往公共场所、就医和乘坐公共交通工具时，佩戴医用外科口罩或 N95 口罩。
1. 对进入领馆办公场所的工作人员和访客测量体温。体温正常者可进入办公场所。若体温超过 37.3℃者，应回家 观察休息，必要时到医院就诊。
1. 如果最近 14 天内到访过疫情高发的湖北等地区，或最近14天内曾接触过疫情高发地区的人员，请及时向当地疾病预防控制机构或外事办公室报告，并密切关注自身的身体状况，居家休息，减少外出。
3. 若出现可疑症状，应主动戴上口罩及时就近就医。若出现新型冠状病毒感染可疑症状（包括发热、咳嗽、咽痛、 胸闷、呼吸困难、轻度纳差、乏力、精神稍差、恶心呕吐、 腹泻、头痛、心慌、结膜炎、轻度四肢或腰背部肌肉酸痛等）， 应根据病情，及时到医疗机构就诊。并尽量避免乘坐地铁、 公共汽车等交通工具，避免前往人群密集的场所。就诊时应主动告诉医生自己的相关疾病流行地区的旅行居住史，以及发病后接触过什么人，配合医生开展相关调查。
6. 家庭备置体温计、医用外科口罩或 N95口罩、家用消毒用品等物资。
4. 按照卫生防疫部门指导做好领馆工作人员及密切接 触人员的医学检查和隔离工作。在粤外国人如有新型冠状病毒感染的肺炎症状问题需要咨询，可拨打广东省 12320卫生热线，选择英文服务。
2020 年 2 月 1 日
In response to the outbreak of pneumonia caused by the novel coronavirus, China’s central and local governments have given it earnest consideration and made unified deployments. The prevention and control work is now well underway. Guangdong Province has activated a Level I public health emergency response since 23rd January. The safety and confidence of foreign missions and their staff in Guangdong are of enormous significance to Guangdong’s endeavor to prevent and control the epidemic. Therefore, the Foreign Affairs Office would like to make the following suggestions to the Consulates General in Guangzhou and all expats in Guangdong:
I. Reduce outdoor activities as much as possible
1.Avoid visiting areas where the disease is prevalent.
2. It is recommended to make less visits to relatives and friends and dining together during the epidemic prevention and control, and stay at home as much as possible.
3. Try to avoid visits to crowded public areas, especially places of poor ventilation, such as public bathrooms, hot springs, cinemas, internet bars, Karaokes, shopping malls, bus/train stations, airports, ferry terminals and exhibition centers, etc.
II. Personal Protection and Hand Hygiene
1. It is recommended that a mask shall be worn when going out. A surgical or N95 mask shall be worn when visiting public areas, hospitals or taking public transportation.
2. Keep your hands sanitized. Try to avoid touching public objects and parts in public areas. After returning from public areas, covering your cough, using the restroom, and before meals, please wash your hands with soap or liquid soap under running water, or use alcoholic hand sanitizer. Avoid touching your mouth, nose or eyes when you are unsure whether your hands are clean or not. Cover your mouth and nose with your elbow when sneeze or cough.
III. Protection in the Workplace
1. Measure the body temperature of staff and visitors before they enter the Consulate and only those with normal temperature are allowed to enter. People whose body temperature is over 37.3℃ should go back home for observation and seek medical attention at hospitals when necessary.
2. Wear masks and keep a moderate distance during a conversation.
3. Maintain good ventilation.
4. Disinfect the doorknobs, keyboards, mouse, stationery and desks with alcohol.
5. Avoid gatherings as much as possible.
6. Wash hands before entering the meeting room. Meeting attendees should keep at least 1 meter from each other. Reduce face-to-face meetings and shorten the duration. When the meeting duration is too long, open the window for ventilation. The meeting room and furniture should be disinfected after the meeting. Soak tea sets in boiled water for sterilization.
IV. Health Monitoring and Seeking Medical Attention
I. If you have been to the infected areas like Hubei Province and returned to Guangzhou within 14 days, or if you contacted people who are from the epidemic area within 14 days, please report to local disease control and prevention departments or the Foreign Affairs Office and monitor your health condition closely, stay at home, and reduce outdoor activities.
2. Monitor the health conditions of your family members and yourself. Measure your temperatures when you feel like having a fever. If you have kid(s) at home, touch the kid’s forehead in the morning and at night. Measure the kid’s temperature in case of fever.
3. Wear a mask and seek medical attention at nearby hospitals in case of suspicious symptoms. Go to medical institution in a timely manner in case of the suspicious symptoms relating to the pneumonia caused by novel coronavirus are found. Such symptoms include fever, cough, pharyngalgia, chest distress, dyspnea, mildly poor appetite, feebleness, mild lethargy, nausea, diarrhea, headache, palpitation, conjunctivitis, mildly sore limb or back muscles, etc. Try to avoid taking metro, bus and other public transportation and visiting crowded areas. Tell the doctor your travel and residence history in epidemic areas, and who you met after you got the disease. Cooperate with your doctor on the relevant queries.
V. Keep Good Hygiene and Health Habits
1. Frequently open the windows of your house for better ventilation.
2. Do not share towels with your family members. Keep your home and tableware clean. Sun-cure your clothes and quilts often.
3. Do not spit. Wrap your oral and nasal secretion with tissue and throw it in a covered dustbin.
4. Balance your nutrition and exercise moderately.
5. Do not touch, buy or eat wild animals (gamey). Try to avoid visiting markets that sell live animals.
6. Prepare thermometer, surgical or N95 masks, domestic disinfectant and other supplies at home.
Ⅵ. Response to Cases and Suspected Cases
1. Stay at home for medical observation or receive treatment and isolation in hospitals based on diagnosis.
2. Inform the disease control and prevention departments, the Foreign Affairs Office and other relevant authorities.
3. The quarantine authorities will sterilize the offices, equipment and vehicles of the Consulate with its consent or at its request.
4. Send consulate staff and other close contacts for medical tests and quarantine in accordance with the instructions of the health and disease control departments.
If you have any questions concerning the symptoms of the pneumonia, please call 12320 (the Guangdong Health Hotline) and request English service.